- Chairman of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Women’s Specialized Hospital, King Fahad Medical City (KFMC), Riyadh, KSA.
- Assistant Professor of Ob/Gyn, Faculty of Medicine, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, KSA
- President of the Saudi Urogynecology Group
- Assistant Professor of Ob/Gyn, Faculty of Medicine, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, KSA, since June 2011
- Editorial Board member of Annals of Saudi Medicine
- Former Ob/Gyn Saudi Board Residency Program Director, Department of Ob/Gyn, Security Forces Hospital Program, from July 2003 – August 2006
- Established the first specialized Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery referral unit in Saudi Arabia at Women’s Specialized Hospital, KFMC, June 2004.
- July 1992: MB BS: College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, SA
- April 1996 – June 2001: Ob/Gyn residency at University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- June 2001: Passed the written exam of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
- July 2001: Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- July 2001 – June 2003: Fellowship training in Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Dept. of Ob/Gyn, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- June 2004: Announced a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
Presentations, Publications and Research:
Participated in more than 50 presentations in national and international conferences, symposia, courses and workshops, as organizer, speaker, and chairman of sessions. Have several ongoing research projects plus 16 publications in international peer-reviewed journals, mainly in the field of urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Nominated by the Ottawa Ob/Gyn residency-training program to receive the APOG (Association of the Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics) Park-Davis Scholarship Award Program for medical education in 2000
- Received The Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists in March 2001
- Received Professor Hassan Jamal’s award for the best presentation at the 5th Gulf International Obstetrics and Gynecology, and 19th annual meeting of the Saudi Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, Jeddah, KSA, March 25, 2010.
- Best teacher award, Women’s Specialized Hospital, King Fahad Medical City, year 2011 and year 2012.
Professional & Organization Memberships:
- Founding member and on the advisory board of the Pan-Arab Continence Society (PACS)
- Member of the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA), and member on the educational Board, and Public Relations of the association
- Member of the International Continence Society (ICS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Member of the Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada (SOGC)
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- Founding member, and executive board member and treasurer for Saudi Evidence-Based Medicine Society
- Founding member and president of the Saudi Urogynecology Group